Thursday 9 February 2012

Floristry Taster - Week 3


leather fern // gypsophila // eryngium // iris // rose // statice

First attempt at creating a presentation bouquet. Can you spot the mistake? The top rose stem is making the cardinal mistake of crossing the other stems. 

Second attempt and problem sorted.

Attempting to master the all important 'spiral'


Voila! The finished product. I was quite pleased with what I produced this week. I managed to achieve my final look at only the second attempt. Like last week, this made me feel quite smug. Not only have I learned a new skill, but I've also learned that I have a really nasty competitive streak and will plough over anyone in an attempt to be 'teacher's pet'. This is not a good thing. But I couldn't help but beam with delight when the teacher came round and said, "Perfect. Yellow and purple is one of my favourite colour combinations." My heart skipped a beat and I did a wee dance inside. 

I got a call yesterday to say that next week's class has been postponed due to staff CPD at the college. What a shit excuse! It's Valentine's and I bet the staff just want the night off. So my hand-tied will have to wait. I plan to practice for a fortnight and have it mastered before I even get there. (See! How horrible is that?!!)

3 comments:

  1. First thing that hit me was the amazing colour combination/flowers used, followed by your gorgeous arrangement! Do they supply the flowers? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks doll! We supply the flowers. Part of this weeks task was to choose flowers that look good together and be able to identify them x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bouquet! I have my City and Guilds in Floristry, and I can tell you it took me a hella' lot longer than three weeks to get my spirals this neat- spirals were always my weak point, heh. Loving the iris especially!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...